15 Ways to Improve Motivation & Concentration
Are you a college student is finding it hard to study? Are you self-employed? Maybe you are an entrepreneur and are you finding it hard to stay motivated and full of concentration. I know how hard it can be focus and concentrate on your work. I don’t know about you, but I tend to get easily distracted and then I forget something important that I needed to do. If this is you as well and I suspect it is for many of my readers, try following these simple tips for self motivation.
- Make certain you have a good environment to work in. Check lighting, noise, comfort of furniture and other important things like height of computer. Test it out in three or four places to determine which spot works best for you.
- Check to see you have everything you need to include resources such as notebooks and pens you need before you begin working or studying. I know many of us have different paths we are pursuing so whatever your journey is, make sure you have everything.
- Choose a regular time to work each day so that you set a pattern for yourself. This is something I am still working. I have to take into account, for example, sleeping schedules of other family members and find an office space where I can late into the night. If you have roommates this too can be a challenge I know.
- Have a special notepad for jotting down extraneous thoughts that enter you mind while you are working. You might be a parent and need to remember to go pick up junior from school. This will help create a balance in your life so you are not spending too much time with unimportant things that can wait.
- Use a symbol for working on your studies or work. Choose an item, like a hat, that you put on when, and only when, you are working or an item that you place on your desk as a reminder that it is time to crack down.
- Make sure to relax your body before working. This is one in which I am still working on.
- Give yourself a reason to work such as an image that will motivate you. If you are a single mother for instance, you may have a goal in mind that involves providing for your family. I am a single mom and therefore, I understand the need to work from home to be there for my children. Click to learn more about working from home for single mothers.
- Do some alternate nostril breathing before you begin work.
- Imagine that your brain is filled with the subject that you are going to work and that there is no room for anything else. See that the focus on your mind is blocked from that subject.
- Take two minutes before reading or studying your notes to jot down everything you expect to come up in the text that you are about to read. This will help you when you are reading other articles. You will be able to pick up patterns easier. This will help you in the learning process.
- Break assignments or tasks into small step-by-step pieces. This helps me if I know I have a big project in front of me which will require much time. This happened to be me recently when there was a massive problem with one of my websites and I was not sure how to tackle the problem and I knew it required researched, I broke it down into smaller sub-tasks.
- Analyze your work ethics to make sure that your problem is one of concentration and not making excuses for not getting on the computer today. We all have things that we would rather be doing, but there is a time for work and there is a time for play.
- Develop a “contract” for a things that you might be putting off. For example, “For every 10 articles or pages I read within my niche, I can listen to music for 10 minutes”, or “If I don’t read 10 blogs within my niche, I must wear mismatched socks tomorrow”. I know, it sounds goofy, but you get the idea.
- If you are having problems figuring out a problem, never underestimate the power of your trusted friends and communities you are associated with. There are so many people who will go out of their way to help you if you know where to find them. For example, I belong to two different communities in which I reach out to help with – Wealthy Affiliate and Internet Business Owners Toolbox (IBOT).
- My last one is always be approachable and social-able to your fellow classmates or colleagues. You can squeeze in sometime to exchange ideas with other members of your respective community, because hearing what others are thinking will spark ideas.
Doing all of these suggestions will help you Get the Lifestyle You Deserve.
I know there are many other ideas out there and I would love to hear them. Please leave them in the comments below, so we can all benefit from your ideas and knowledge. Thank you for reading my post today. I hope you found it helpful.
Your site is filled with a lot of good information. 508 compliance? I have never even heard of that! I need to learn more about it. you obviously have a lot of knowledge and it’s good that you are sharing it with people. I will definitely be checking out more information here.
Thank you for stopping today and checking out my website and articles. I am pleased to hear that you found my site to be filled with useful information and yes, I do try and pass on my knowledge to others so to help them become more financially free and happy in their lives.
Section 508 is very important to keep in mind when building a website. So many people put emphasis on SEO (search engine optimization) and search engine ranking, and yes, those things are important, but what is also very important is keeping the issue of web accessibility in mind.
Oh Hi Stephanie!
Wow, I just don’t know what to say! Can I start right off and just tell ya- I am totally impressed with your wonderful web-site!!!
Who knew that literally “anyone” could get so much help and free classes and a Free web-site? It’s simply grand!
I will definitely be returning to your web-site again. I really think you sound sincere and quite knowledgeable about all things affiliate marketing and website design.
I like the features you offer like the computer terminology. There were several that I finally learned from your site! I also like how you reach out to women by giving us the reasons to work online.
You have a lot of knowledge and I’ll tell all my friends who’re looking for a legitimate online opportunity to better themselves- to visit your web-site!!!
Keep up the terrific work and I wish you all the best. Thanks again for helping people with the legitimate work you are offering such as with Wealthy Affiliate.
It is great to meet you. I am glad you were able to get so much help from my website. I have tried to offer some valuable advice, tutorials, resources, web development tools as well as product reviews on web hosting reviews, legit and scam reviews. I wanted to include everything that a person would need to get started working online and as you referenced, yes as a women there are even more reasons.
This article you landed on today is only one of many on my blog. Feel free to take your time and peruse all of the posts and pages I have available on this website. And yes, please do share this website with your friends who are looking for ideas on how to start a legitimate online opportunity. This is not an MLM scheme or pyramid scheme or anything like that. This is truly the best way for anyone to go.
Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely ~ Steph
I have found your article to be extremely useful for me. As I am just starting out in a new business venture coupled with a large learning cycle at WA you are a blessing in disguise.
I particularly like your idea about wearing a hat or having something significant on your desk, great inspirational ideas.
Thanks for the informative read.
Thank you for spending sometime here at my website. As a new business owner as yourself, I have tried to make this a user-friendly website with lots of resources, product reviews, tutorials and more.
I too like the idea of using a symbol such as a hat to symbolize it is time to work. It is like a mental reminder to you. I am glad you liked it as much as I did.
Have a terrific day and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely ~ Steph
Thank you for the ways to improve concentration. I’ve read the first tip (good environment) from so many places now that couple of weeks ago I decided to totally clean my room. I put off all the things that I don’t need daily. And all the clothes in to my closet. It feels good to have a clean environment. Still I need to improve a bit in that but I’m in a great way of having it :).
11 and 13 are also very interesting. Having small steps makes the whole task easier. I will probably try that “contract” trick. Writing down the things on the paper usually helps a lot.
Thank you for visiting my website again and leaving another very kind comment. Good luck on getting your space cleaned. I think having a clean tidy office space is essential for business owners.
Absolutely – having broken tasks down into baby steps is a great way to tackle things in small pieces. It makes the larger task seem more manageable when you do this.
The “contract” is also good if you are the kind of person who will stick to it and who needs to hold himself accountable for something. Many of us are. I am too to a certain degree.
Thank you again Roope for visiting and we will see you again soon I hope.
Sincerely ~ Steph
Some great tips here, I particularly like the ‘contract’ for unfinished tasks.
I also would recommend taking regular breaks to clear your head and stimulate your brain and nervous system so you can think better.
Thanks again Steph,